President Marianna Janz-Wecke Rest in Peace


Dear Colleagues,

I wanted to let you know that our dear friend and former SCAS President and colleague Marianna Jan’s-Wecke passed away this morning at Sarasota Memorial Hospital. May she rest in eternal peace.

Beth, will you please inform the CD Board.

Toni, please plan to inform our membership - perhaps send out an eblast when we get more details of service and funeral arrangements.

Thank you.


I will share more information when I receive it. I hope that our Board will be available to offer Marianna’s family: husband Werner Wecke and their young sons; Daniel and David comfort and support in these sad and difficult times.

Isabelle 
Eidet

____________________

It is with regret that I inform you that Marianna passed away this morning. Details on funeral arrangements will be sent out as soon as we have them.

I know this is a very difficult moment for all of us.

Beth Ruyle Hullinger

____________________

Thank you Isabelle for sharing this tragic news and for being the SCAS representative to Marianna's family. I wish I could provide some immediate support to the family and to you but I am leaving on a cruise for 10 days on Sunday. This means I will probably miss the funeral or Memorial Service. It
is with heavy heart that I leave Sarasota at this time.

Marianna was a brave leader whose influence will live on forever.

With great sadness,

Gloria Grenier

____________________

Oh no, that is not what we wanted to hear. Briana and I had planned to visit her after the last more positive news.

Please keep us informed about the arrangements.

Thank you.

Werner Knoop
__________________________

Very sad. Our sympathy for her family.

She and her family are in our thought and prayers.


Craig Harlan Hullinger
______________

Such a tragic event. It is so sad, she was such a dedicated, sweet person.

Raymond Young
_________________

Thank you

It is a sad day
May she rest in peace.

Kenney DeCamp

_____________

Marianna meant a lot to me and I’m so sad to hear that she has passed away. My sincerest condolences to the family and friends that have been impacted.

Sune

_____________

My deepest condolences for the family. So sad and unbelievable.

I will keep her and her family in my prayers.


Charlotte Hull


________________

Janz-Wecke, Marianna

Sep 25, 1951 - Jan 4, 2019

Marianna visited Sarasota for the first time in her early twenties, and fell in love with the city. She has now passed away at the young age of 67, having settled down here. She was proud to have served as the President of the Sarasota Sister City Association. Fostering cross-cultural understanding was a cause that she deeply cared about. She wished to impact peoples lives by teaching them that life is about giving, celebration, and following your dreams. 

She is survived by her husband, Werner Wecke, and two sons, Daniel and David. Church service will be on Sunday, January 13th at 2pm in the Faith Lutheran Church, 755 Beneva Rd. and viewing on the same day from 4pm to 8pm at Jenning's Funeral Home, 5750 Swift Road.



________________




memorial_announcement.jpg